Lakeshore Branding Blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.lakeshorebranding.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

How to get around town? We travel by ZipCar

I was first introduced to ZipCar about a year ago. It was a novel idea, rent cars by the hour for an affordable rate. Most cars start at $9 an hour (ie a Honda element, Toyota matrix etc.) The hourly fee covers insurance, gas and the parking spot you found it in. The cars are conveniently located around Chicago and tons of other cities around the globe. They actually just merged with Flexcar to offer the service in even more cities.

If you do not drive much this is the perfect solution. I sold my car this summer and have used ZipCar ever since. I save hundreds a month, before I had a truck that was $275 note, $100 Insurance, $200-350 in gas a month. Compared to ZipCar I rent a car a few time a month, usually not more than $150 a month. The thing that I like the most is the different cars you can choose from. If I need a pickup to move or want to use BMW 328 for a hot date, they have it as options. The 328 is a little more (ha ha) runs about $12 an hour.

If you rent a car for a whole day they only charge you for 7 hours. So to get a car, with gas and 180 miles of driving for about $70 bucks. Since I am a member they gave us a link for our friends to get $25 driving credit when they sign up. So check them out....

Join Zipcar and get $25 in free driving!

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Using Car Rental 8 you can get the cheapest car hires at over 50000 locations across the world.