Lakeshore Branding Blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.lakeshorebranding.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Vonage VOIP- Mixed reviews

When I was out shopping for the holidays, I came across one of those mall kiosks and they were selling Vonage. I had seen the commercials and had done some research on VOIP (voice over internet protocol). I checked it out and they sold me on the Vphone. Basically a usb jump drive that you can plug into any computer and it automatically loads the software required to run Vonage. I have a new Dell computer with Vista (don't upgrade if you don't have to) and , I asked the sales guy if it worked with Vista. He informed me that it did and I would not have any problems. Make a long story shorter, it has a success rate of about 30% working with Vista. I did get a chance to try it out at the office where they have XP computers. I was actually surprised at the clean quality sound. So moral of the story, it works pretty well but I don't recommend buying the V-phone feature if you have Vista on your computer.

No comments: